Thursday, February 24, 2011

8 Months Old!!

Seriously? How has it been 8 months since the babies were born? It feels like yesterday that Jeff and I spent our first night home alone with Jozlynn and got the call at noon the following day saying Jeffy was officially discharged. And what did I do on their 8 month 'birthday'? I adjusted their car seat straps to the *final* position. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. When they were born they barely fit in their car seats. We had to put rolled up washcloths under their butts to make them fit, and even then the straps were about an inch above their shoulders!! They are still in their infant seats currently, which can be used until they are 32 inches tall or 32lbs. Once they outgrow these they will be in convertible car seats, potentially forward-facing (I am still debating whether or not to turn them forward-facing at a year old, I may wait until they are 2). Time is flying so fast, and it is strange to think that they will be a year old in only 4 months! I've already reserved the place where we're hosting their party, which seems completely insane to me!!

Here are some pics I took this morning:
I always love when they hold hands!

For some reason, neither baby wanted to smile for me today. This was the only smile I got and it absolutely cracks me up. Jeffy is such a ham!!


We're in the process of trying to sell our home. We've had it listed since the end of September. From the middle of January until now we've had 3 realtors do walk-throughs with their clients. Last Friday, the 3rd client actually made an offer, which we countered but eventually accepted his final offer. He (the client) was hesitant to sign the purchase agreement right away since his realtor was going on vacation the very next day. Knowing his *slight* hesitation, (and despite the fact that the realtor said the purchase agreement would be presented once he returned/we had a verbal agreement, etc) I just saw red flags all over. 3 days later the realtor - supposedly on vacation - called to tell us his client was backing out. Although he had been pre-approved for a mortgage, he wanted to keep his monthly payment below $x and couldn't do it with the price we had settled on. Seriously? You didn't know how much your monthly payment would be with that offer? You've got to be kidding me. In the 4 days Jeff and I had been looking into new homes, we had been pre-approved for a mortgage and knew - down to the very last penny - exactly how much a monthly payment would be at any given amount. And the realtor claimed his client had been looking "for a long time", not that that matters all that much but you'd think he would know what he was getting himself into?? Wow, just...wow. Obviously we've been through a variety of emotions in the past week, excited, nervous, apprehensive, slightly worried to downright upset. Why do people do this? We had even started contacting realtors about viewing their listings but had to turn right back around and say, well we were interested in the property but our buyer has backed out. I'm still upset. Whatever... if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm sure someone will eventually come along with a legit offer, and maybe there will be more options available for us when we are finally able to start seriously looking.

In other semi-exciting news, Jeff's sister has 'hooked us up' with a deal on one of the vehicles at the dealership she works for in New Mexico. We're about 3 weeks away from trading in his 2010 GMC Terrain for a 2008 Saturn Outlook. Her dealership is willing to give us $3k more on a trade-in than what Jeff currently owes on the Terrain and he'll be saving approximately $120/month by buying the Outlook. A bigger vehicle for less $? How can we say no? It's still practically brand new too, with only 34,000 miles. I am excited about it, but also worried about the fact that they have to meet halfway and will essentially be 'road-tripping' approximately 800 miles to do the switch all by themselves. What can I say, I'm a natural worry-wart.

Well I best be going. The babies are up from their naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment